Location: Citywide, New York
- Assembling and managing large amounts of sewer data from multiple agencies
- Existing sewer system inventory and analysis
- Hydraulic modeling
- Topographic base map creation and alterations to drainage maps
- High level storm sewers for increases to MS4 flow and decreases to CSO
- Future planning for drainage plan to take flow away from CSO towards the MS4
- Cost effective solutions to improve existing drainage system
Mr. Al Arag, while at Dewberry Engineers Inc, has worked on and contributed to the Citywide Analysis project in 2011-2017 for NYCDEP.
The project included planning and design of Drainage Plans for approximately 660 acres of the Combine Sewer drainage area. Mr. Al Arag was responsible for preliminary analysis for the proposed HLSS project to replace the wet weather expansion for designated areas with a combination of high-level sewer separation (HLSS) and green infrastructure that will achieve similar or better CSO reduction more cost-effectively and without additional burden to the operation of the plant. Mr. Al Arag was responsible to provide engineering design services for a citywide analysis of existing drainage systems and/or preparation and design plans for designated areas, and prepared Drainage Plans in conformance with the DEP’s Drainage Design.